- Get rid of all the cardboard boxes that hold your food – they clutter up your cabinet and bring in roaches, not to mention the fact that they rarely keep your food fresh. Consider a Mason jar instead.
- No. Wire. Hangers! The wire hangers that you get from the dry cleaner are ugly and serve no purpose. Bring them back to the cleaners when you’re done, and invest in some matching wood hangers instead.
- If your dish sponge is older than one month, get rid of it – it’s harvesting a virtual plethora of bacteria. In the meantime, drop it in the dishwasher once a week to get rid of most of the funk.
- Old shoes, especially those whose heels are worn down, serve no purpose except to take up space in your closet. Donate them to a thrift store.
- To that end, as well, if you have clothing in your closet that you haven’t worn in more than a year, donate it to a thrift shop. Or, get a bunch of your girlfriends together and have a “Trash and Treasure” Party! At this type of party, everyone brings some clothes they no longer wear and dumps the pile into the middle of the room. You then go through the pile and take what you want…and donate the rest to charity. This is a great way to get new clothes FOR FREE!
Make sure you completely declutter your house before you begin any renovation project!