- Don’t be afraid to splurge on luxury item – be it a bath, shower, or toilet. However, it’s not necessary to make everything be luxurious, lest you go too far over the budget.
- Don’t get a tub that’s too shallow or ordinary. A deep soaker tub is de rigueur for creating that luxurious, spa-like “master retreat.”
- Keep the color palette in the master bath a more “neutral” tone – grays, whites, and taupes are preferable to their louder, more colorful counterparts.
- When it comes to your floor, here are few options more preferable than marble. Consider a Carrera-type marble for both durability and beauty that will last a lifetime.
- If you have some vintage elements in your bathroom that you would like to incorporate into your retreat, definitely do so! Vintage elements, when properly utilized, add much-needed character to your home.
- Always keep the need to create a “five star retreat” in the forefront of your mind. In that regard, then, the little details matter. Accessories, towel rods, faucets, and even cabinet knobs are all important elements to pay attention to when creating the perfect master retreat.
- Finally, don’t underestimate the value of wallpaper. While a bad wallpaper choice can make the bathroom look tired and dated, a good wallpaper choice – even in the form of a “feature wall” – can tie the whole room together.
Do you have some ideas for a master bathroom retreat that worked for you?